Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day!

I am loving today. Thanks to a rare "Blizzard Warning" that has most of the Springfield population and the surrounding areas staying home today...we are! Staying home, that is.

We slept in, ate french toast, and are enjoying our second cups of coffee. Bobby is here...still working, but here...and I could definitely get used to that. I'm sitting on the couch, watching the snow fall, waiting for my fresh coat of bright red toenail polish to dry. (It is February now, after all!) We are cozy, warm, and oh, so content.

(And, I'll be starting my "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman" DVD marathon shortly, which practically guarantees that the rest of my morning will be as delightful and relaxing as the first part of the day has been.)

What a great blessing today is. A chance to snuggle and relax...and such a wonderful reminder that for all of our constant "going & going & going", God can direct nature in such a way that forces us all to stop...to rest...to be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment