Thursday, February 24, 2011

God Gave Me Him

February is always a fun month for the mister and me. We just celebrated Valentine's Day, and now we get to celebrate Bobby! Today is his 25th birthday, and I'm so enjoying trying to make this milestone day a special one for him.

As I focus on Bobby this month, the blessing of his life and the love we share, I keep thinking about a song that's been played on the radio quite a bit lately: "God Gave Me You" by Dave Barnes. Check out the lyrics to the chorus below.

God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
For when I think I’ve lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it’s true
God gave me yo
u

I just love that.

And, it's exactly how I've always felt about Bobby. God gave me an incredible man to call my husband, and I cherish him and this life we're building together. What a joyful thing to recognize that He has always been the Author of this love story, and knew exactly what He was doing when He created Bobby, and when He brought us together..."for better, for worse", for the ups and downs, and the days of doubt.


On my own I'm only
Half of what I could be
I can’t do without you
We are stitched together
And what love has tethered
I pray we never undo


Happy Birthday, Bobby! 
What an incredible gift you are....


Watch Dave's official music video here
(Or, better yet, just listen to it, and look through some special pictures of your own while you do. Just a thought.)

No comments:

Post a Comment