- This is your first "monthly" update. These past three months have been the most beautiful sort of blur, with many (many, many, many) special moments for our family of five that I truly hope to be able to remember. But, honestly? Having a bit of quiet time in the evenings, holding you, Littlest One, has been far more preferable than writing it all down. I don't regret that.
- At your two-month appointment, you weighed 13 lbs. 11 oz. (78th percentile) and were in the 99th percentile for height. You're perfectly healthy and strong, and you handled your shots like a champ. Your sisters were there for moral support.
- You are still primarily wearing size 0-3 month clothing. Your footed-pajamas especially are getting tight, and it's time to move on. But, you've had the most precious summer wardrobe, and moving on to bigger clothes means you're growing up. It was bound to happen, but part of me is just not ready to size-up as a result. There. I said it.
- You are an incredible sleeper. You have slept through the night for a couple of weeks now, falling asleep on my chest around 8:30 p.m., transferring to your bed (in our bed) easily, and sleeping soundly until 7:00 a.m.-ish. Even then, you'll frequently nurse and then go to sleep again for a while. I attribute your sound nighttime sleeping to your not being able to sleep for long stretches during the day. Your sisters just don't allow it, really. Whatever the case, I'm grateful.
- You still have the deepest, sea-blue eyes. There have been little circles of hair on your bed, so I know there's been some loss. The new hair coming in is certainly blonder, though. All of a sudden, around 10 weeks, there was a definite change in hair color.
- You have begun to give smiles more and more willingly, and it's getting quite easy to get you to giggle. You especially love the "ooh, stinky stinky!" game I've played with your (not-at-all stinky) toes lately.
- For the first week or so of your life, you didn't enjoy diaper changes, fussing quite often. Now, however, you rather enjoy them, and usually give a big smile as soon as the diaper comes off. The disposable diapers...because I just haven't taken on the cloth diaper routine this go-around. Yet. (Yet...?)
- You have always seemed to enjoy sucking your fists (particularly the left), and have begun holding your hands.
- Whether they bring comfort or are just a fun toy, you really enjoy slobbering all over them!
- Bath time is pleasant for you, but you neither seem to overly enjoy it or dislike it. Your response is fairly neutral. Perhaps it's the pink hand-me-down bathtub that you're adverse to....
- You have noticed your toys when we offer them, and seem to be considering taking an interest. You've held "Sophie the Giraffe" a couple of times, but it doesn't seem intentional quite yet.
- You are highly entertained by your sisters. (Join the club!) It's as if you know they're a good time and have a lot to teach you. I suspect you've learned quite a bit already.
- Emerson and Brennan love you so much. They love to hold you, and both of them felt like really big girls when you were big enough (and they were trustworthy enough) to hold you sitting upright. You are their favorite "toy", and watching them tell you "good morning" at the start of each day and "goodnight" at day's end are some of my favorite moments each day. Your sisters have decided that having a baby brother is pretty wonderful! ("Hi, Eass-on! Hiii, big guyyy!" -Brennan)
- Almost everyone says you look like Daddy. I don't see it just yet, but it's believable. I have seen so much of Emerson in you since the beginning. Time will tell! You are definitely a handsome little boy, though.
- You were a trooper on our long drive to Florida, and are usually so patient riding in the car.
- I couldn't have asked for a smoother transition to having three children. I like to say that you have "eased us in", and truly, you have been so easygoing and pleasant and flexible and...easy! You love to be talked to and interacted with, but you don't demand it. You are patient and, for the most part, even your complaining is polite. It's as though you know that there is lots going on around you and you are content to wait your turn. All of this just makes you all the more endearing and I (we) cannot get enough of you.
- Seriously. Cannot get enough of you. I am entirely smitten. I love your sisters. Deeply and wholeheartedly and...differently. No less, to be sure, but differently. I can't explain it, and I certainly don't understand it. But, I'm fascinated by what knowing and loving you has done to me. Because, Easton, you've just done something to my heart that is incredible. Perhaps it's because you're a son...probably it's because you're you. But, I love you, sweet baby boy of mine.
Easton Robert, I am so grateful that the Lord entrusted you to me.
I had no idea that I needed to know you so badly.
God surely has incredible plans for your life, Easton.
I am thankful beyond measure that you were part of His plan for mine.