May 2, 2015
- You are still wearing 6-9 month clothing.
- At your 6 month doctor's appointment, you weighed 18 lbs. and 5 ounces. This is only 8 ounces less than Emerson weighed at her 6 month appointment, which amazes me. The similarities between the development of you two is fascinating.
- Your hair is getting blonder and blonder, and noticeably longer, too!
- You are finally sleeping in your own bed at nighttime! You're ready for bed between 7:30-8:00 p.m., and after nursing in the chair in your room, you fall asleep quite quickly in your bed. You wake up to eat late in the evening and then after that meal, you're back to sleep for a few hours.
- Napping in your crib in getting much easier, too. You never sleep for hours on end, but you're more willing to be placed in your crib for snoozes during the day. You still have to be asleep first, though.
- You've been taking baths with Emerson and you are both enjoying that time considerably!
- You are so strong! From lifting your chest to grabbing at sunglasses to holding onto hands...you've got some muscles!
- Making forward motion is so close for you! You are scooting all over the place, and can usually get where you want to go, sooner or later.
- You are primarily self-feeding yourself, as you aren't particularly interested in taking food from a spoon. More fun to do it yourself, it seems! I'd forgotten how messy this stage is...and goodness, it really is. Avocados and bananas are by far your favorite foods...probably in large part due to your ability to eat them without help.
- Your vocalizing has increased, too. Lots of shrieks and loud squeals to get in on the conversation, and it seems you have a new sound to master daily.
- You "cluck" with your tongue often! It's hard to say if you like the way that it feels or sounds, or both, but you click and cluck often and are pleased when we notice!
- We put your infant bathtub in the tub so you could share bath time with Emerson, which you both seem delighted in. She enjoys playing with you, and you're happy to have more water to splash. You love any chance to feel like a big girl!
- You seem so very aware of everything going on around you. You are watchful and very "present", interacting and participating in your world! Now that you can move a bit more, you are truly content to sit and play and move in your space, and it's nice to have you enjoying your time just "being" with us.
- You have two bottom teeth! They both surfaced simultaneously, with fairly little disturbance to your usual patterns. You drooled a bit more and seemed a bit fussy for a couple of days...but otherwise, you handled it like a champ. And, you look quite adorable with them there.
- We are taking lots of afternoon walks through the neighborhood, and you and Emerson are both quite happy to be in the double-stroller together. You enjoy relaxing as we walk, and seem to enjoy being outside. We play on the blanket in the backyard, too, and it's fun to see you begin to move around and explore the yard around you.
- You are really trying to get Royal's attention on a regular basis. I'm sorry to say that he usually doesn't give you much attention in return, but you are fascinated in him and so enjoy when he does let you pet him or tug on his fur.
- You notice when Daddy comes home and greet him with a smile when he walks in the door at the end of the day. It's special welcome that makes us all smile right back.
Each day with you is a gift; YOU are a gift.
I hope you always find such joy in learning about your world, delighting in the fun around you.
You certainly do make our lives full of wonder & happiness,
and I'm overwhelmed by my ever-growing love for you.
You are so very treasured, precious Brennan.