Monday, November 28, 2016

Worth Repeating / 08

March 2016

3/12


"I gotta tell you, I slept SO peacefully. Like, I didn't hear nobody. I was so tired."

3/13


"I saw this and I thought of you cause you're da best mommy in da world."

3/18


Watching Mary Poppins, "We'll start with raspberry ice, and then some cake and tea....":

"That's not very healthy. They must be having dessert."

Mommy: "I am so lucky to be your mommy."
Emerson: "And I love being your child. But I'm ready to grow up...."

3/23


Mommy: "Emerson, will you pick up that grape-something off of the floor?"
Emerson: "Stem. It's called a stem. Apples have stems...grapes have stems...."


3/24
Mommy: "Isn't it fun to think about what you might choose to do someday? You might in the band or be the twirler or play a sport or something else!"
Emerson: "Well, I really want to do both."

3/29


"When I was a baby I knew about God, cause I was still in His hands."

3/31


"I really wanted to watch tv before bed, but I got distracted by the iPad!"

April 2016


4/1


Handing Emerson Cream of Wheat, cautiously warning about temperature:
Mommy: "Careful, it's hot...."
Emerson: "That's why it's called hot cereal."

4/20

Emerson: "I'm thinking about Daddy."
Mommy: "You'll feel safer once he's home, won't you?"
Emerson: "Yeah." (Smiling, but fighting tears and emotional.) "He's super strong!"

4/22


Mommy: "Someday you may choose to ask Jesus to live in your heart forever."
Emerson: "Well, I think Jesus already lives in my heart."

4/28


"Dear Mommy, I love when you say 'I love you'. Or 'I love you, Brennan'. It doesn't really matter. But don't forget that I was your baby. Love, Emerson"

May 2016


5/4


Interrupting mid-prayer at bedtime:
"And pray about Jesus, that God sent Him to the world, and made it beautiful, and He washed our sins away."

5/10


"You're the best mommy in the world. God made you just the way I like you."

5/16


"And thank you, God, that you didn't put us on the earth by ourselves, but you gave us Jesus."

"Mommy, pray for my disobedience."

5/22


"Mommy, I love you. And I love when you read the Bible to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment