Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Worth Repeating / 09

June 2016

6/1


"Brennan has a stinky diaper. That's her scent-marker, so I know she's around."

6/2


Emerson: "How do you like my art, isn't it nice?"
Mommy: "Yes..."
Emerson: "No, you have to be really impressed like 'Oh! Good job, Emerson!"

6/16


"This is my only dream come true."

6/23


Mommy: "Emerson, are we seeing the animals or going to the playground?"
Emerson: "Either both. If you want to see some animals and then go to the playground, that's fine with me."

July 2016


7/12


"You look good, Mom! I mean, not AS good as I'm gonna look, but...."

7/18


Looking at an old photo of Daddy:
Emerson: "What's he wearing?"
Mommy: "That's from a game, called Headbands. You try to guess what's on your head."
Emerson: "I would know really quickly, cause I would say 'card'".

August 2016


8/11


"I'm sorry your head hurts, Mommy. I'll pray for you tonight. ... Brennan doesn't care."

8/15

"It's your anniversary, be niiiiiice."

Mommy: "Do you want to come help me fix supper?"
Emerson: "No, cuddling with mama is more important."

8/21


Mommy: "In 2020...I'll be ready."
Emerson: "For what?"
Mommy: "The Olympics. What sport could mommy do?"
Emerson: "Maybe stunning (?), cause lure really fast. Or, swimming. Cause you like to swim. Or...commercials. You can be in the commercials."

8/24


Mommy: "That's called the circle of life. When animals die, they're eaten by other creatures."
Emerson: "Well, we don't get eaten, you know where we get to be.... Living with God and Jesus in heaven."

Going behind tree in yard:
"Mommy, I'm going to have a moment with God..."

"You're my best friend, Grandma."

"I feel badly about what I said. I'm sorry, Mommy...."

8/25


Singing to Mommy at bedtime:
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Your birthday is over, you have to go to sleeeeeep. Happy birthday to you. See? I made it into a lullaby."

No comments:

Post a Comment