Tuesday, February 22, 2011

'Quiet Strength'

Tonight is the second gathering of Bobby's new weekly Men's Bible Study, taking place in our humble abode. From what I hear, last week's meeting was a success!

(I excuse myself during this time in the interest of privacy, though I have set a precedent by providing some nourishment for the group in the form of dessert. On the menu tonight? 'Cherry Angel Food Cake'. Biblical pun, not intended...but, kind of humorous, right?)

Bobby has been the driving force of this new adventure: rounding up some friends, discovering material (this time around, the companion study guide to Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy), and leading the group as they explore.

I am so proud of him.

And, for all of the guys taking part, for that matter....

For taking the initiative to grow and share.
For stepping out of their comfort zones.
For desiring to be the Godly men He has called them to be.

Thank the Lord for Christian men! Amen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment