Thursday, July 31, 2014

Christmas In July

I drafted this post last December. And, then the holiday season got busy, as it does tend to do...and I forgot all about posting it. Oops! And, because I cannot bear the thought of having spent some time writing this and NOT posting it at some point...we'll call this "Christmas in July". 

I must say, it is making me anxious for the holiday festivities to arrive again! ... But, the long winter that always follows did leave quite the impression on me last year...so I'll keep the hot summer days around for a while longer, please and thank you.

Last week, Bobby was able to take a morning off from work so that the three of us could visit Santa at Bass Pro. It was another one those experiences (like this activity in the fall) that brought back all kinds of memories from this time last year. 

2012
2013

2012
2013


2012
2013
  
2012
2013

We didn't ride the carousel last year, as Emerson was much too young. This time, however, it was an absolute delight, and certainly made up for the "ho, ho, ho"-hum visit with Santa. Emerson selected her ride of choice (the bear) straight away, and smiled the entire time. 




The ride was fun, and we were all full of smiles. As we got off of the carousel, the attendant came over to me and, speaking of our family, said:

"You guys are so cute. I hope you're together forever, all three of you. You just look like you were made for each other."

I do believe we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment