Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I Held Her

I held her as the bride danced with her father.

I held her the same way at another wedding last November, and just as I did then, tears filled my eyes as I imagined watching her dance with her daddy at her own wedding one day.

November 2013
July 2014
Only, this time, as we swayed together, she was a bit bigger.

She's grown since November, now fitting a bit less comfortably in my arms. So, although I know that her wedding day is many years away...I've seen how quickly time passes. The past eight months between these weddings have felt like a brief few days...and I suspect that the time between now and her wedding day will feel that way, too. 

I can't slow down time, and I don't really want to. But, I do want to be mindful of it as I watch my children grow....

So I held her.

No comments:

Post a Comment