- You are wearing primarily 24 month and 2T clothes.
- You love to look for and point out the abundant robins in the yard..."rob-ah!"
- You aren't nursing much, but you still frequently request a "lil bit o' nook" (little bit of milk), and then just get a small taste before you're ready to move on.
- You also request a "lil treat" when you have a sweet tooth. These usually take the form of an M&M or three. "One for your left hand, one for your right hand, and one for your mouth!" (Coincidentally, you have learned the difference between left and right very quickly.)
- Celebrating birthdays is quite fun, you have discovered, and you joyfully wished Grandpa "happy birthday" as we celebrated him last month. "Habby birday, papa", you said, or a variation, "Hobbah deb beh".
- You prefer to do most things independently these days, and you say "ah by delf" when that's the case. We hear that regularly.
- You exclaim "Ta da!" when you're done with something, and frequently, when a task is not really done, but you want it to be!
- Occasionally you'll request that your diaper be changed. You're recognizing how that feels and that a dry, clean diaper is preferable. Progress!
- You give Royal a good deal of attention now...and wish he'd reciprocate. "Hey, buddy. Hey, big guy...." You're taller than he is now!
- You recognize the shape of a triangle and will sometimes make one with your hands. "Tah-gle!", you proudly exclaim!
- You've discovered singing, and really enjoy Darius Rucker's song "Wagon Wheel", which has the line "rock me, mama"...you request that that be played frequently. You sing the "Winnie the Pooh" theme song with Mommy, particularly the "Pooh" echo part. Adorable. You know your "ABC's", too!
- You've figured out the difference between "me" and "you" and are able to use those terms correctly.
- At bedtime, you request milk, water, "pea o' bread" (piece of bread), "bayguh" (bagel), and "knees" (string cheese)". This bedtime snack seems to help you sleep better at nighttime, and it's become quite the routine.
- You are really learning how to count well, and enjoy counting to ten and practicing the alphabet regularly.
- When you're trying to suggest something, you often present it as "how about...?". It's hard to turn down your request.
- "Try, try again", you say, when working on something new. (Thanks, Daniel Tiger, for that important lesson! There are several "Daniel Tiger" songs that seem to be sticking with you. Cute!)
- When you stumble, you say that you "wobbled", and then "whoopsie!"
Emerson, you cannot know how special you are to me,
and how much delight I take in watching you grow.
It is impossible to imagine life with you getting any more fun than it is right now.
You are one incredible little girl, and I love you more every day.