Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Motivation

Okay. It's time to get serious.

Confession. I haven't worked out since before Thanksgiving. Maybe not since Halloween.

I know! It's terrible!

To be fair, I have had a lot on my plate. Packing, moving, unpacking, holidays, etc. (These only sound like excuses...actually, they...okay, yeah. They're excuses.) But, then again, it isn't as though the packing and moving (not so much the holidays) can't be counted as exercise. Hello! That's hard work. Plus, there's been the lugging heavy laundry to my parents' house, and carrying groceries into the house, and chasing 1st graders...all exercise from my point of view.

But, also, still not a good excuse.

I'll admit it. I've been slacking. The reality is, it's been winter and even though I can literally see the apartment's gym from my living room, the cold, dreary days have been too strong a force for me to overcome. I have had literally no desire to venture outside "unnecessarily". Which doesn't explain why I haven't even been able to bring myself to pop in my favorite workout DVD's.

Basically, my willpower has been minimal and my laziness great.

More motivation. I can do that again.
After giving my lack of motivation to workout ample consideration, I realized that it boils down to exactly that. Zero motivation. Without my impending wedding and honeymoon (Workout Motivations 2009) or pool season and tropical anniversary trip (Workout Motivations 2010), I'm basically without great cause or incentive to get off the couch.

The reality is, and please don't be mad at me for saying this...I'm blessed with excellent metabolism, which means that I can still feel pretty good about how I look, minus having to exert much effort exercising or overly watching what I eat. That fact makes it pretty darn easy to avoid the gym when it's too cold and I just don't feel like working out. Which, has pretty much been the case for the past six or so months.

But, like I said, it's time to get serious. Enough is enough. (Or, more appropriately, not enough is enough. Does that make any sense?) I have found my motivation!


Workout Motivations 2011

#1: Spring is practically here! Warmer weather! And, then, summer! And who doesn't want to look good during tank top and bathing suit season?!

#2: I'm planning to wear cute dresses for the four special upcoming weddings this year, and it just makes sense to have good-looking arms and legs to go with. With so many photo-ops ahead, why wouldn't I want to look my best?

#3: I should just face it. My days of having a pre-baby body are numbered. I really do owe it to myself to push my body to it's 'early twenties, tip-top, prime shape' before, well, you know.... And, who knows what babies will do to my metabolism that has thus far been so helpful. Oh, yes, I'm trying to prepare myself for that.... (And, I know you're smirking, you who wanted to smack me after reading my previous comment about my excellent metabolism. Not nice.)

#4: It's the healthy thing to do. End of story.


Well, okay then. After thinking through those factors, it really seems like my motivation to workout this year should be greater than the years past! Sure, my wedding and tropical vacations were huge life events, worthy of looking good for, but truly, this stuff is pretty big, too.

So, what am I waiting for? Here goes nothing! Beach body, wedding body, baby body...here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment