Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Glimmer

The sun came out today! The temperature was near 50 degrees! I went shopping...and the birds were chirping when I got out of the car. And, I didn't even wear my big winter coat into the store. (Which, may or may not have been a wise decision given my recent illness, but it just felt so nice.)

By this time of winter, I start to get anxious for any glimmer of spring on the horizon. (Christmas is over, and the cold just really isn't all that much fun after the holidays, you know?) Sure, there is a lot of cold weather...and likely, snow...left in the season. (Those birds are going to be very disappointed.) But, if I'm looking at the forecast correctly, it appears that we should have a few more sunny, "warm" days ahead of us before we get reminded that it is, in fact, still only January.

Regardless, I'm thankful for the sunshine today...and the happy memories of warmer days to help get me through the chilly ones.

The tulips we enjoyed at our apartment in St. Louis last spring.

As long as the earth endures, 
seedtime and harvest, 
cold and heat, 
summer and winter, 
day and night will never cease.
Genesis 8:22

No comments:

Post a Comment