Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Food for Thought

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday for my weekly grocery shop. (I should mention how very much I'm enjoying living 2 minutes away from a Wal-Mart again!) As I carried my bags inside after the shop, I couldn't help but consider how wonderful it is to know that we could afford all of it....

When I shop, I don't have to obsess over prices or wonder if our bank account can handle the total bill. Of course, we have a budget, and I feel as though I've developed a pretty good eye for sticking to it. I usually know if a product is overpriced...or priced well-enough that it's worth stocking up on! I use coupons when I can, and that's a habit (skill!) that I hope to keep developing.

So, I'm a conscientious shopper, yes.

But, I never have to think so hard about what I'm buying to the point of questioning whether or not I should put the milk back on the shelf because the utility bill is due this week, and we really need bread instead.... Not even close.

This is the time of year when we're typically more sensitive to things like this, and more acutely aware of our cozy condition compared to those less fortunate.

I'm prayerful that God will provide clear direction for how Bobby and I can demonstrate His love and use it to bless others this Christmas season, as we ourselves have been so richly blessed....

No comments:

Post a Comment