Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Going Boxing

For anyone curious about the status of our box collection for our upcoming move, the update is as follows:

Consider it a non-issue. 

Thanks to an overzealous storeroom worker at Schnuck's, we are set! (The store recycles the boxes, anyway, and apparently makes somewhere around $100,000 annually from doing so! I should perhaps be looking into getting into the cardboard industry....)

Yesterday I walked into the back room with my shopping cart, expecting to leave with ten or so boxes as I had the day before. Au contraire! The worker directed my attention to a mountain of boxes stacked halfway to the very tall ceiling. I kid you not. I had asked them to save "some", but had no idea there would be so many! ("Ask and ye shall receive!") Unfortunately, we had to break all of the boxes down, but I figure it's nothing a little packing tape can't fix.

Bobby's face says it all....
("Emily, what have you DONE?")
Needless to say, it didn't take long for me to realize that it would be in my best interest to bring my strong husband...and his Dodge...back with me after work. (The first time his truck has come in useful for actually hauling things...for us, anyway! Ha. So...yay!) It was a humorous scene, I'm sure, as we navigated the store aisles (I chose the wine aisle, stupidly enough), precariously balancing all of that cardboard on the cart.


We avoided a near disaster trying to get out the door, but that's neither here nor there.

In any case, we now (thankfully!) have boxes coming out of our ears, and I would go so far as to say that if YOU need any boxes, we can share some!

After all, our living room is starting to look like a UPS....

No comments:

Post a Comment