- You are wearing 12-month clothes entirely, except for some 18-month pajamas.
- You are so very close to walking! We thought you might take your first steps on your birthday...you just had a look in your eye...but no luck. You have gotten very sturdy on your legs, though, and cruise around the furniture with ease. It's been such fun watching you gain confidence, and helping you as you grasp our finger for assistance. We're sure you'll be walking around in no time.
- It has been a rough month of sleeping.... For several weeks, we slept on the couch after you woke in the middle of the night. It really seemed that you were struggling with some nighttime separation anxiety, and cuddling/nursing with Mommy was the only thing that brought you comfort. We've largely worked through that now, and after a week or so of serious crying when you were left in your crib at bedtime, you go to sleep on your own much more easily and have been sleeping until the morning. It was a difficult process for all of us, but we're so proud of you!
- You still really enjoy food, and have a great appetite for each meal. Strawberries and blueberries are your usual breakfast, with cottage cheese and turkey for lunch, and usually whatever is on the menu for Mommy and Daddy for dinner. And, you're happy to share with Royal. All the time.
- It seems that you are really beginning to understand directions and what is being said to you. It's a lot of fun being able to have "conversations" and figuring each other out!
- You are identifying several body parts now when asked, and giving Daddy "high-fives"! You love to interact with people...your favorite toy!
- Whenever you hear music, you love to stop what you're doing and dance for a bit. You've got rhythm, and your movements make us smile.
- You really enjoy bubbles! We spend lots of time in the yard blowing (and popping!) them.
- You love to be outside. Looking for birds, crawling in the lawn...you seem so happy when you get to explore your world.
Emerson Blair, you cannot know how precious you are.
What a special first year we've had together...
you are the best gift I've ever been given.
I love you, baby girl.