Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Royal, NO!" - Part Three

Our screen didn't always look like this:


I'll give you one guess as to who is responsible.


Bingo. (Well, of course, not B-I-N-G-O.... It was Royal.)



Apparently the doggy door was just too tedious an exit, so Royal made a new one. Bobby says he was chasing a bug on the other side of the screen (Royal was, not Bobby...that would be weird), and just got too excited. 

Speaking of bugs. Screened-in porches are great...when all of the screens are present and accounted for. When they aren't, though...well, let's just say that I think our chances of being not surrounded by insects are better outside of the patio. It's been quite the popular stop for flies and wasps lately. And when I say "stop", I mean stop as in "last stop", since once they're in, they can never find their way out. 

Do we have problems, or what? 

(No, we don't. I love that my "problems" are having to fix a messed-up screen on the porch of the home my husband and I own because of our sweet puppy. Life is pretty darn good these days.) 


Once Royal started trampling on the flower bed, wouldn't you know the little tea roses started blooming? Go figure.

Then he trampled too much and they died. It happens.

The good news is that we found some matching screen out in the storage shed from previous owners. The bad news is that the piece doesn't fit. So, I guess that negates the good news. Rats.

We've Bobby has since removed the ripped screen, so at least it doesn't look mangled anymore. We'll replace it soon, but until then, Royal still has his "doggy opening"...and we're getting really talented with the fly swatter.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, yes. Ellie has created many a new "door" in my parents porch. The panels that were victims of the worst offenses, time after time, now have a plastic sheet on the other side of the screen. Puppies - Gotta love 'em ;)

    ReplyDelete