Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Plans, Prep, & Progress

Whew! As it turns out, buying a house takes a lot of work.

It isn't particularly fair to blame all of our busy-schedule problems on that, though it is a major factor these days. We have been visiting with the lender, meeting with our realtor to visit about inspection requests, getting siding bids...you get the jist. All excellent tasks to take care of, but still, it takes time and a significant amount of mental energy. (I know, I know...I still haven't shared photos of what I am prematurely calling "our" house. I'll likely wait until the keys are in our hands to do so. It just seems right...though I am so anxious to give the Grand Tour!)

For there being an "extra" hour in the day these days...there just aren't enough hours in the day! Between the house purchase preparations, housework and grocery shopping, substituting regularly, Bobby's weekly Bible study and daily football practice (as a coach)...we've been stretched pretty thin lately. It's a good stretch, though, if that makes sense. We're doing things we enjoy (minus the housework) with people we enjoy, and preparing for a spring full of celebrations. We have showers on the calendar, bachelor parties in the works, and those long-anticipated weddings are drawing near! (Plus, there's the whole 'buying-a-house' thing. And, of course, I have a lengthy list of house projects that I cannot wait to begin! Not to worry, they will be revealed in due time.) 


In any case, I am happy (and somewhat relieved) to report that I am finally making progress in the 'planning-my-sister's-bridal-shower' department. Because excited as I am about this project, it has had to be on the back burner for a while. But, the shower is exactly one month away, and it's time to get serious. Today, I settled on a color palette and finalized the invitation design. (See? Progress.)

Here's what I'm working with as inspiration...



...a piece of scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby that will be making another appearance in the form of invitations. (The colors in the photo are a bit funky. Ignore the pink hues.)

(It was only after I made my fabric and invitation purchases that I discovered how very similar my choice of paper is to their choice of bedspread. Go figure. Goodness, that blog is inspiring me more than I realized!)

I'm working toward a relaxed, spring-like design for the gathering, with an elegant but youthful feel. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, I'm excited about the plans, and gaining momentum. (A dangerous combination....) Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment