Sunday, May 16, 2010

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today, I graduated from The University of Missouri.























I've felt quite nostalgic this weekend.
Admittedly, I even wore my black and gold yesterday in recognition of the commencement activities taking place in Columbia and the newest graduating class of Tigers, earning their "stripes".

I've been reflecting on the four years I spent at Mizzou, and how life has changed since May 16th last year.

Of course, the wedding date had been set at that point. I knew on graduation day that in a few months, I'd be married. But aside from that certainty, I was (like most other young graduates) relatively unsure of what life post-college would look like.


I didn't know that I'd be living in St. Louis.
I didn't know I'd be working in a real estate office.
I didn't know how I was going to use my degree.


I did know that I would happy, and well-prepared for whatever life threw my way.
And, I was right.



I'm fairly certain that I didn't give graduation enough credit last year. While I wouldn't have changed a thing about how we recognized the occasion, I was definitely pre-occupied with the upcoming "Big Day", and less concerned with Graduation Day.

I enjoyed my commencement ceremony and the time spent celebrating with my family.
I was proud and excited!
But, I was also very ready to be done, and I was happy to move on.

Looking back, though, I find myself appreciating my time at Mizzou and in Columbia even more than I did last year. What a happy time that was.... I learned and I grew and I became who I am today. I miss that school and I miss that city, and I will always, always think back on my time there with a smile.

Old Missouri, fair Missouri
Dear old Varsity.
Ours are hearts that fondly love thee
Here's a health to thee.
-University of Missouri Alma Mater, Verse 1-






No comments:

Post a Comment