Friday, April 9, 2010

Egg McPhillips

Bobby had to go into work at 2:00 a.m. Thursday morning, and when he got home at 6:30 a.m., I was just crawling out of bed. I showered and dried my hair, and when I came out of the bathroom, I peeked in the kitchen to see my wide-awake husband standing over the stove. He was fixing us bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches on English muffins! What a surprise! Did he have a vested interest in fixing breakfast? Absolutely. He was a hungry guy after a long night’s work! Still, it was a delightful treat, and a fantastic, unexpected way to start my day. I went to work with a smile on my face AND a full tummy…and Bobby went back to sleep with one.

That man makes me feel so loved, so often…and for that I am incredibly blessed. (Oh, yes, and he can fix amazing breakfast food. That’s pretty great, too.)

Bobby has the same routine tonight-another early day at work. Perhaps tomorrow morning at 6:30 a.m. he’ll have a hot breakfast waiting for HIM. I can’t make any promises….tomorrow IS Saturday, after all. But, you never know, it could happen. He’s totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment