Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Days Like Today

Some days, like today, I just feel so INSPIRED! So MOTIVATED! I start thinking about all of life's possibilities, and all of the things I could try and do and become. I decide that I want to do more blogging, traveling, reading, cooking, coupon-ing, photographing, etc. and I get IMMENSELY excited about buying and then decorating a house, and being a mom, and raising a (large) family, and all of that fun stuff.

What is the catalyst for this upbeat attitude and optimism? Spring? The middle of the week? A good night's sleep? I've GOT to figure out how capture this motivation that comes around on days like today. Because it feels good to feel good about the future and to feel like I have the energy to take on the world.

The reality is this: there aren't enough hours in the day to do all that I'd like to do! (And that's probably a good topic for another post. Hmm, maybe I will accomplish more blogging, at least!) Tonight I'll do laundry, clean up after dinner (...which happens to be BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. The pork has been in the slow-cooker all day and I think it's going to turn out even better than I expected. Yum.), fold laundry (goodness, it feels like I do a LOT of laundry...all the time), and collapse on the couch once I realize what a long day it's been. That's the way it seems to go!

The "every day" chores and routine are blessings and I try to recognize them as the gifts that they are. But, for some unknown reason, today I just feel very motivated to increasingly live life fully. And what a blessing that is, too....

No comments:

Post a Comment