Monday, October 26, 2015

Worth Repeating / 04

March

3/3

"I smell something.... Maybe Royal tooted.... Or maybe it's your breath." 


"Daddy is a good friend."

3/6


Mommy: "Were you supposed to do that? No. But you chose to do it, anyway."
Emerson: "I don't think you should let the sun go down on your anger."

3/13


"I wish I had a ring to marry you, Mommy."

3/16


Emerson, to Mommy: 

"Daddy is my beeeessttt friend. You are my greatest friend in the whole world!"

Emerson: "Mommy do you like when I sing?"
Mommy: "I love when you sing!"
Emerson: "Okay. Lalalalala ABC..."

"Good thing I ducked down...I only have one head!"

Mommy: "And in the morning when the sun rises comes up, we call it sunrise."
Emerson: "But, I call it the morning time."

On a family walk:
"Let's run this town!"

Emerson: "Daddy will come outside and you go in-gide (inside) okay?" 

Mommy: "You just want some time with Daddy?"
Emerson: "Yeah, because Daddy is my friend. So, you go hide in-gide."

3/19


Mommy: "You're such a sweet big sister."
Emerson: "Thanks, Mom! I call you mom cause you're the best mom in da world."

3/20


"We love Brice and Rachel and Joey and Bethany...and we love Malachi! Even when he goed away...."

3/23


After telling Emerson about plans to go to the zoo with her Sunday School teacher:
"We're going with the TEA-cher?! ... That gon be fuuunnnn!" 

3/29


Talking about rules for the church service:
Mommy: "We do not talk."

(pause)Emerson: "Do we breathe?:

3/30


"I listened and callllllmed my body down."

Emerson: "I'm sorry, for ruining the fun we were having."
Mommy: "How did you ruin it?"
Emerson: "With my energy...."

To Brennan:
"Things are more fun when I'm around."

Emerson, in her car in the driveway, playing Sonic:

"My darlin' would like a strawberry movie (smoothie)". (To Mommy) "You be the roller gater."

"Daddy, we're going to solve this plob-lem. Mommy knows eh-zatly (exactly) where things are!"

3/31


"Oh yeah, oh yeah! I'm fancy in this house now!"

April



4/3

Listening to the Curious George song:
"Don't sing it with me. And don't smile. And don't say good job."

"Why did he borrow a car? Everybody getting new cars!"

"I'm going to be repectbubble (respectful) when Daddy gets home."

4/16


"Oh, blubbers."

"Tick-tess." (Success.)

4/17


Mommy: "Emerson, do you want to go play at Grandma and Grandpa's house today?"
Emerson: "Oh! Yeah! Wiffout youuu?"
Mommy: "Right."
Emerson: "Oh, good."

4/20


Emerson: "I'm not growing."
Mommy: "Yes you are."
Emerson: "No, I am...am'nt."

"Under-dand?"


"Are you wiff me?"


"Well...."


"Bubb-os" (bubbles)

4/21


Emerson: "I wish Daddy was here."
Mommy: "Me, too. He's such a special part of our family, and we miss people in our family when they're not there."
Emerson: "Right now we miss Daddy...."


May

5/4

Talking about the workers building the deck:

"Ohhhhh! That is going to be a lot of work por dem (for them). I think they need another smoovie...slushy."

"Mary had a little lamb...if he hollers let him go...little ones to him belong...yes, Jesus loves me."

5/6


Mommy: "Since the butter is in there, be careful not to spill it.
Emerson: "I'm always careful, Mom."

5/14


Mommy: "Are you sure you want the whole pear? How about half?"
Emerson: "No! Whole!"
Mommy: "I don't think it's very good for you to have the whole thing, how about..."
Emerson: "No, whole!"
Mommy: "Fine."

(minutes later)
Emerson: "You know? Say, 'what?'"
Mommy: "What?"
Emerson: "I don't like pears. So, you can have it."

Discussing potty accidents:

Mommy: "I don't know what to do about this. It keeps happening."
Emerson: "Maybe put some tape on my bum?"

5/15


Going to McDonald's after disappointing change of plans visiting the science museum:
Emerson, tearfully: "Where is Mr. Donald's house?"

"Dear Lord, thank you for our food. Amen."

5/16



"I'll take care of Brennan and Mommy when you're gone, Daddy."

"How does it thunder? ... I'm sure it has pipes. It must have pipes."

5/17


"I can pray.... Thank you, God, for the weather and for the am-uh-muls, to come out of their houses. A-men."

5/18


Mommy: "Grandpa knows how to whistle."
Emerson: "And Daddy knows how to whistle!"
Mommy: "That's right! But Grandpa is the BEST at whistling."
Emerson:"...But Daddy is the really best."

5/22


Emerson: "Mom...you're a good mom."
Mommy: "Aww, thanks, babe. What made you say that?"
Emerson: "You take good care of me!"

Mommy: "Someday Brennan will help with the weeds, too!"
Emerson: "Mom, she's already a gardener!"
Mommy: "Why do you say that?"
Emerson: "She's wearing a hat!"

Emerson: "Mommy, you're my friend."
Mommy: "You're my friend! Will you always be my friend?"
Emerson: "Yes."
(30 min later)
Emerson: "You're not my friend anymore."

5/26


To Mom, in the bathroom:

Emerson: "Mom, do you need some privacy?"
Mommy: "No...."
Emerson: "Okay. I'll keep you company then."

"I'm cleaning up our house. Brennan's not helping me. I'll do it my-delf. I'm trying my hardest, bestest to clean."


5/27

"Can I feed her? Then I would feel like a mommy, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment