Monday, June 30, 2014

Fireflies

Tonight, after dinner out & dropping-off Daddy at his office for a late-night of work, Emerson and I came home. It was past bedtime and quickly growing dark, but Emerson sweetly requested to spend some time looking for fireflies in the front yard. And on a beautiful summer night, on her birthday eve, how could I resist?

I'm so glad I obliged, because the tender moments that followed were a gift, surely to be among my favorite summer memories.

As the day turned to dusk, I played in the front yard with my daughter...running barefoot through the freshly-cut grass, spinning in our sundresses, giggling together as we followed the soft glow of the fireflies.


So simple. So innocent. It was the most precious, perfect way to celebrate the end of this year with my little girl.

Tomorrow, she'll wake up as a two-year old, and there will be such incredible things to come as she continues to grow in the year ahead.


But, tonight...tonight, she was one.
A one-year old, for one more night...full of imagination, wonder, & pure joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment