- You are primarily wearing 6-9 month and 9 month clothes now.
- You are still waking up nightly around 1:30 or 2:00 a.m. and then again between 4:00 and 5:00 a.m. You are nursing at these times, but going back to sleep easily afterwards. (It's tiring for both of us, I dare say.) You still wake-up consistently around 7:00 a.m. and are ready for some sort of late-morning nap, usually a quick snooze after eating breakfast.
- Your second top tooth cut through a few weeks ago, and now you have four beautiful pearly whites!
- You aren't particularly fond of vegetables these days. Fruit and oatmeal purees are a favorite and you still go through lots of bananas. Your preference more and more is to do it yourself, and whatever is on the spoon usually doesn't stay there long because you grab it before it can get to your mouth.
- After you tasted peas at dinner, you made a "sour" face which made Daddy laugh. What we thought was just a reaction to a food has become a trademark of yours, and now you scrunch your face all the time (though not at mealtime anymore, I'm happy to report). You wrinkle your nose and squint your eyes at everyone (including the lady behind us in the checkout line at the grocery store) and we all think it is adorable.
- Daddy and I got to go on a date this past month...the first time we've left you. You were in good hands with Grandma and Grandpa, but it was still so very difficult to leave you, even just for an hour. You were happy for the most part, but woke up from a nap very scared and unsure of the situation. It was a learning experience...for all of us!
- You like to be close to me and when I'm not in eyesight, you make it well-known that you're displeased. We're making progress, though, and you're learning that I always come back. And, you're getting more and more comfortable with letting Daddy hold and take care of you, which makes him very pleased!
- You express frustration now when a toy (or something you want to be a toy!) is taken away, and you know how to look for it, knowing that it must be somewhere. You have an "I'm mad" cry, and although I know you're momentarily brokenhearted, your expression really is pretty cute.
- You've added "mmm" sounds to your repertoire and there have been a few occasions when we thought you said "mama", although it doesn't seem intentional...yet.
- You lean forward from sitting-up, and it often frustrates you when you end up on your stomach after leaning too far. You prefer to reach as far as possible to grab something instead.
- You've discovered how to wave, and get a kick out of it when others wave back to you. You consistently initiate a wave "bye-bye" to Daddy in the mornings when we watch him go to work from the garage door, but don't frequently wave to anyone else when they leave.
- Your reflection in the mirror has provided great entertainment again...a happy friend for you!
- In the mornings while Daddy and Mommy get ready for the day, you are usually content to sit on the bed. You watch us (and watch out for Royal's tail), happy to explore and play with the laundry basket next to you.
- We get regular comments about how big, bright, and blue your eyes are. Strangers and family mention it frequently; it's been that way since you were born, really.
- You continue to be so very content. Along for the ride, happy to be where Mommy and Daddy are, ready for whatever comes next.
Your daddy said recently that "it's hard to imagine her getting any cooler than she is right now".
I agree. And yet, you continue to amaze us daily with your new discoveries and developing personality!