Monday, January 7, 2013

New Every Morning

The rare nights when Emerson struggles to go to sleep are usually the nights when I'm the most ready to. And, although I try so very hard to display patience and affection, my heart is often grumbling. I know she can't help it when her teeth are causing pain and not allowing her to rest, and she doesn't intentionally wake up at 4:00 a.m. because she's thinking "hmm, how can I bother Mommy?" Still, there are times when my lack of sleep causes me to feel a bit of resentment and frustration. I'm not proud of it, but it's true.

The incredible part is, though, that no matter how tired I am in the morning, when I see her smiling, fresh face, I forget all about the long night behind us. I cannot be frustrated with that precious, innocent little girl! 

The other morning I watched her as she awoke, and I was reminded of the following truth:

 22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23 (KJV)



I won't ever be able to fully comprehend God's love for me. Through motherhood, though, I am finding constant illustrations which deepen my awareness of my Father's unconditional, compassionate love...new every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment