Friday, January 11, 2013

It's Friday!

There is a recurring discussion (slash difference of opinion) taking place in the Phillips household. That is, our expectations for and interpretation of what our weekends should look like.

Bobby would, generally-speaking, prefer sleeping-in, watching college football (well, not so much anymore, out-of-season as the sport is now, but you get the idea), & doing a few household chores...but largely just relaxing after a week at the office.

That's fair. I get it. The man works hard for the money and I completely understand his desire to rest on his days off-work. I, however, look forward to the weekends and the extra set of hands that will be around to help with Emerson throughout the day.

Bobby loves spending time with Emerson, and I love him for being such a wonderful daddy. As such, he is always willing to share in the work. But, let's be honest, taking care of our little girl doesn't exactly spell "relaxing day". Besides, there are some things that only Mommy can do right now.

Motherhood is amazing, but it is a 24/7 gig. Babies know not the meaning of weekends, and my Saturdays usually look a lot like my Everyotherdays. I'm not complaining. It is what it is: hard work!

So, we do our best to compromise, and truly, it's very much a learning process for both of us as we discover how to make our weekends mutually-enjoyable in our new roles as parents.

Bobby sent this e-card to me this morning. It is so spot-on...and I think Bobby "gets it", which means more than I can explain.

source
I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm a mom!

Happy Friday, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment