September 1, 2012
- You're wearing size 0-3 month clothes, and are still in disposable size 1 diapers.
- You weighed 13 pounds, 2 ounces at your 2 month (+ 3 days) check-up. And, you've already grown 4 inches since you were born! You're in the 90th percentile for height and weight, and are "perfectly healthy". Such a blessing.
- Your daytime feedings have become a bit more predictable, and you're "snacking" much less frequently. We still nurse closer to every two hours than every three, but you're becoming more efficient with your eating habits.
- You have started taking nightly baths, and you absolutely love them. You hardly ever fuss, and if you do, it's usually because Mommy let you get a little chilly before getting you dry. (Or, perhaps because you're annoyed that bath time is over!) We think it's a nice pre-bedtime routine to start with you, and it seems to relax all of us at the end of the day.
- The weather finally cooled down enough to take you on a few walks! Our first family walk was such fun, and you held a solid gaze straight ahead the entire time. You were so relaxed, and were asleep by the end of the outing. We have lots of walks in our future, I suspect.
- You started smiling! It's as incredible to see you smile as your grandma said it would be. Daddy and I each have our tricks that seem to get you going. I buzz my lips, and Dad blows raspberries...which you seem determined to figure out how to do! But, oh those precious smiles...each one just melts our hearts.
- We watched the Olympics together, and realized that the next time we watch the summer games with you, you'll be four. Whoa. I think the Summer Olympics shall forever remind me of you.
- You are absolutely happiest being right in the middle of the action, where you can see who and what is around you. Case in point: you demand getting to sit on my lap at the kitchen table while Daddy and I eat dinner. (I don't fault you for it, and really, can totally relate.)
- You seem to get bored with tummy time pretty quickly, but when it's tolerable to you, you're such a pro! Such a strong, healthy girl.
- You've been to church several times now, beginning at six weeks. You're usually awake during the music in the service, and holding you in my arms while we worship is one of my new favorite things. You've been falling asleep as we sing, and then you sleep (and sometimes snore) during the sermon.
- You usually fall asleep around 9:00 p.m. and sleep on my chest in the living room until 11:00 p.m. or so. Sometimes you want to nurse one last time before bed, and other times you're not interested at all. Putting you in your crib at bedtime has gotten easier and easier, and since around 5 weeks, you are generally able to put yourself to sleep if you're only drowsy when we put on your swaddle and lay you down. And (here's the best part!), you're often only waking up to nurse ONE time during the night, usually between 4:30-5:30 a.m. Those 5 and 6 hours stretches of sleep are so wonderful...for all of us!
- Your daddy loves playing with you. He's always the one to think to pull out a toy for you when you seem to need some stimulation. You're going to have such fun together in the days ahead!
- You discovered ceiling fans a few days ago, and will babble at them for several minutes. It's adorable.
- We've developed several routines as a family now; it's fun that you've been around long enough for us to already have certain ways of regularly doing things! Mornings, dinner, bath time and bedtime...I must say, your daddy and I make a pretty good team as we learn to take care of you!
Watching you discover our world is such a joy, Emerson.
We've fallen in a deep, deep love with you!