Monday, August 8, 2011

The Finish Line

In anticipation of my two-year anniversary next week, I've been reflecting on our wedding day and moments of the day that made it memorable.

Here's one.

After the toasts at the reception, Bobby and I decided to say a few words of thanks to our guests. I went first, and it went something like this:

"This day has been absolutely perfect, all the way from the start. 
And, I know it'll continue to be perfect, 
all the way to the finish line...."

I didn't exactly realize what I had said, but I recognized my poor choice in wording quite quickly once the room full of our friends and family began to laugh and clap. 

Talk about awkward.

First of all, who talks like that?! It wasn't as though I used that verbiage in my day-to-day conversation.

--Hey, how was your day at work?
--Oh, it was great from the start. Pretty sure it'll be good all the way to the finish line, too.

I mean, really? I like to think of myself as a little less dorky than that. 

And secondly, what was I thinking?! 
Okay. I guess the answer to that was embarrassingly clear. 
But I didn't know that was on my subconscious mind!

Awkward though it was, I must admit that it does make for a good story. 


The getaway car decor, courtesy of Bobby's friends,
and thanks to my embarrassing inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment