Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hearing Him Speak


I hadn't realized how long it has been since Bobby and I have attended church separately, but that was the case this morning. I was happy to be back in Columbia after a month of being away, able to worship at the church that has brought both of us so much joy. What I was unprepared for, though, was the reality of being there without Bobby. I was barely able to sing the first few worship songs, fighting back tears, missing him and feeling very far away. I was struck by the profound blessing that it is for us to share in worship when we are together, and I recognize now how precious our time together at church truly is. 

Missing Bobby, though I was, I thoroughly enjoyed the service and am thankful for God's gentle reminder that He is with me in Columbia, even though Bobby and some special friends and family are not. 

"Teach us, Lord, full obedience, holy reverence, true humility...." 
"Speak, O, Lord, and renew our minds; Help us grasp the heights of your plans for us...."
-Excerpt from 'Speak, O, Lord', written by Keith Getty-

No comments:

Post a Comment